Every private company has to have a minimum of two directors, and any public company has to have at least three directors at any given time. Let us look at the procedure during the appointment of a director:
Procedure for Director appointment :
1. Apply for DSC: As the whole process remains online, so before anything, person intending to become director requires a DSC i.e., Digital Signature Certificate.
3. Documents Preparation: These are certain documents that are required to prepare for appointment of director. The documents are as follows:
4. Filing of Form DIR-12 at ROC: File E-Form DIR-12 with ROC along with above mentioned documents such as consent/approval letter, DIR-2 and notice and certified true copy of resolution of meeting.
Thereafter you can check signatory details at MCA portal, the names of all directors will be displayed over there.
2. Apply for DIN: That’s the mandatory requirement for becoming director in a company. A person must have a DIN i.e., Director Identification Number to become a director in company and for the same DIR-3 is filed online to obtain the DIN for a person.
Take Consent/Approval of the person who is to be appointed as a director of the company in prescribed format.
•Notice to call for Board Meeting with Explanatory Statement.
•Resolution to be passed in the meeting for appointment of director.
•Appointment letter to be issued by the company to director for its appointment.
5. The form is then filled with ROC witin 30 days of appointment of director.
Documents required for Director appointment in Private Limited Company.
2. Self-attested copy of any I.D proof of proposed Director. (ID proof should display address also)
3. Photograph of proposed director.
3. Self-attested Address proof (for Address proof utility bill, bank statement, house tax receipts, rent agreement with NOC etc. are applicable)
Apart from above documents, there is also some information related to proposed directors that are required such as their qualification, occupation etc. Then using DSC of director and DSC of professional, DIN is applied after paying the prescribed fees. DIN is allotted to the person at the time subject to some conditions.